Posted Date: 11/22/2019
The Bienville Parish School Board is accepting applications for membership on the newly created Special Education Advisory Council.
This council will meet three (3) times per year to provide advice and recommendations regarding special education policies, procedures, and resources.
The council will also engage in outreach activities to the community at large to increase the level of knowledge, support, and collaboration with respect to special education.
Members are being sought from the following stakeholder groups:
· Parents or legal guardians of students with disabilities enrolled in Bienville Parish schools
· Teachers, Principals, and Paraprofessionals employed by BPSB
· Adults with disabilities
· Self-advocates (high school students with disabilities)
· Members of organizations serving students with disabilities
· Employers of students with disabilities
· School student leadership
Members will be appointed by William Wysinger, Superintendent, and serve a two (2) year term.
To apply, please pick up an application at the Bienville Parish School Board office, 1956 1st St., Arcadia, or print an application from the district website: www.bpsb.us
All applications must be returned to Superintendent, William Wysinger no later than December 16, 2019.