Standards and Development
In the event of school or center closure, families may find the following resources helpful in facilitating learning at home.
Several programs are available to offer tips and resources for families that support early learning
through text messages.
- Bright by Text provides quality information and trusted resources to families of children prenatal to age eight partnering with LPB. Text: LPB to 274448
- Vroom offers free, easy-to-use learning tips for children 5 and under delivered daily directly to your phone. Sign up for free
- Ready4K is an evidence-based family engagement curriculum delivered via text messages. Text: Readby4th to 70138
* Message & data rates apply.
Frog Street’s partner, Education technology provider Age of Learning, is offering families at schools and centers affected by closure free at-home access to research-proven learning resources.
Families can use the redeem code: SCHOOL3673 to sign up. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
In partnership with Louisiana Public Broadcasting (LPB), the Department will provide distance and home learning tools for educators, students, and caregivers. This will include:
- An online hub for distance learning supports set to launch by March 18. It will include:
- Department-reviewed lessons and resources for math, ELA, social studies, science and early childhood, including links to Tier 1 curriculum resources.
- Increased access to Tier 1 curriculum digital content, including virtual lessons.
- Resources to teach young children about COVID-19.
- Broadcasted educational programming through LPB and YouTube Channels, which will launch within the next two weeks.
The Department will announce the availability of these resources through all upcoming planning calls and newsletters.
Family Guidance during Emergencies
Closures will result in changes in routine and some anxiety for children. Share these resources with
families to support their conversations with young children.
Parent and Caretaker guide for helping families cope with COVID 19
Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - A Parent Resource (English Resource)
Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - A Parent Resource (Spanish Resource)
Lakeshore Learning Free Resources
Free Activities Resource
Free Online Video Series